I’ll take chocolate in any kind I can get it, however there’s nothing like a fudgy, heat, melt-in-your-mouth brownie. I’m a agency believer that brownies ought to be loved by everybody, and we’ve lastly landed on a gluten-free dairy-free brownie recipe that’s simply as scrumptious as the actual factor. While these wealthy, gooey treats are scrumptious any time of 12 months, my brownie cravings all the time hit at first of summer season.
Growing up in Texas, lengthy days on the lake all the time ended round a desk with good meals and naturally, dessert. One whiff of gluten-free dairy-free brownies rising from the oven and I’m again at age 12, calmly sunburned, freckles popping, with hair nonetheless moist from the water. The picture is crystal-clear: me biting right into a heat, wealthy brownie on the finish of a scrumptious meal. Is there something higher?
With only a few swaps, these brownies are straightforward to make and undetectably gluten and dairy-free. Just you’ll want to allow them to cool earlier than diving into the pan, as a result of when you’ve had one chew, there’s no turning again!
What can I exploit to substitute the flour and eggs in brownies?
Now that we’re within the golden age of gluten-free baking, we’ve got endless options when it comes to flour substitutions. After testing this gluten-free dairy-free brownie recipe, I’ve landed on a mixture of oat flour and almond flour to yield the perfect brownie that’s moist in texture and rich in flavor. To make this recipe vegan, a mix of ground flaxseeds and water function the best egg substitute. They maintain these brownies collectively fantastically, and for the uninitiated, flax eggs generally is a nice egg substitute in all baking! (Plus, they get bonus factors for including wholesome fiber to your baked items.)
Help! My gluten-free brownies always turn out crumbly.
I’ll admit, the biggest challenge in developing this gluten-free dairy-free brownie recipe was figuring out how to make the brownies hold together. I made batches of brownies that were off-the-charts good in flavor, but they would crumble at every bite. The fix? Use less flour and add another key ingredient: almond butter. Both the flax egg and almond butter work together as binding agents in this recipe, and the mixture of oat and almond flours helps balance out the texture of these brownies as well.
Tips for making this gluten-free, dairy-free brownie recipe:
These brownies are rich, fudgy, and super easy to make with just a few ingredients and one bowl. Here are my tips for making the best gluten-free dairy-free brownie recipe ever:
- Substitute cane sugar for coconut sugar. This is key if you want to make this recipe refined-sugar free. I’ve used coconut sugar and they’re just as delicious.
- Be patient! Let your brownies cool for at least 30 minutes before lifting them out of the pan or cutting. I know it’s hard, but you can do it!
- Powdered sugar is the real MVP. If you do happen to dive in too quick (like I did!) there’s nothing like powdered sugar or icing to cover up your mistakes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips before baking. Save a few chocolate chips to sprinkle across the top of the batter before you put these in the oven. You’ll get that gooey, melted look when you cut into the brownies.
- Flakey salt adds major flavor. Sprinkle a little on the brownies before baking for a flavor boost.
- Keep ’em thick. In this recipe, an 8×8 pan is ideal.
I hope you enjoy these brownies as much as we did—and if you have a favorite gluten-free dairy-free dessert, no gatekeeping! Share in the comments below.