USWNT vs. Colombia – International Friendly
Date: June 28, 2022
Venue: Rio Tinto Stadium; Sandy, Utah
Broadcast Time: 10:00 p.m. ET / 8:00 p.m. MT
Official Kickoff Time: 10:08 p.m. ET / 8:08 p.m. MT
Starting XI vs. Colombia: 1-Alyssa Naeher; 2-Ashley Sanchez, 8-Sofia Huerta, 10-Lindsey Horan (Capt.), 12-Naomi Girma, 13-Alex Morgan, 14-Emily Sonnett, 15-Megan Rapinoe, 16-Rose Lavelle, 23-Midge Purce, 26-Carson Pickett
Available Subs: 4-Becky Sauerbrunn, 5-Kelley O’Hara, 6-Trinity Rodman, 7-Ashley Hatch, 9-Mallory Pugh, 18-Casey Murphy, 19-Emily Fox, 20-Taylor Kornieck, 21-Aubrey Kingsbury, 22-Kristie Mewis, 25-Jaelin Howell, 27-Sam Coffey
Not Dressing: Alana Cook, Sophia Smith, Andi Sullivan
- USWNT Starting XI Cap Numbers (together with this match): Morgan (192), Rapinoe (189), Horan (111), Naeher (81), Lavelle (73), Sonnett (66), Purce (15), Huerta (14), Sanchez (9), Girma (2), Pickett (1)
- Tuesday’s beginning lineup options 9 totally different gamers from the Starting XI on Saturday in opposition to Colombia, with Horan and Lavelle the one gamers to begin each matches.
- Today’s beginning lineup averages 67 caps per participant with three gamers – Morgan, Rapinoe and Horan – having 100+ caps. In reality, Morgan and Rapinoe enter the match having made extra mixed appearances for the USWNT (379) than the opposite 9 gamers on this beginning lineup mixed (363).
- Conversely, three gamers on this Starting IX – Sanchez, Girma and Pickett – have single-digit caps with Pickett set to make her worldwide debut.
- Defender Carson Pickett is ready to earn her first cap for the U.S. Women’s National Team. Pickett, who was born with out a part of her left arm, is the primary participant with a limb distinction to look for the USWNT.
- Pickett would be the fifth participant to debut for the USA in 2022 and the 15th participant to earn a primary cap underneath Andonovski. At 28 years and 286 days of age, Pickett is the oldest area participant to debut for the USA since McCall Zerboni made her worldwide debut on the age of 30 in 2017 and is the oldest area participant to ever begin for the USA in her first cap.
- Lindsey Horan is ready to captain the squad as she makes her 111th look all-time for the USA and her third look – and third begin – of 2022. This shall be Horan’s fourth time captaining the United States and the primary for the reason that USWNT’s matches in opposition to Australia to shut out 2021.
- Goalkeeper Alyssa Naeher returns to the beginning lineup for her 81st cap general and her third look of the 12 months. Naeher enters the match with 46 profession shutouts and ranks third in USWNT historical past in goalkeeper caps, wins (64) and clear sheets.
- Ashley Sanchez will make her fourth profession begin – all of which have are available 2022 – as she makes her ninth look general for the USWNT. Sanchez could have now appeared in each match for the USA since making her worldwide debut on Nov. 27, 2021, in opposition to Australia and has two objectives and two assists so far in her worldwide profession.
- Defender Sofia Huerta will make her 6th profession begin in what shall be her 14th cap general with the USWNT. This shall be Huerta’s seventh cap since her return to the National Team in November of 2021, having earned her earlier seven caps over the course of 2017 and 2018, together with a second-half look within the USWNT’s final sport at Rio Tinto Stadium in opposition to China in June of 2018.
- Naomi Girma will earn her second profession cap as she makes her second begin for the USWNT. Girma, the No. 1 general decide within the 2021 NWSL College Draft, made her worldwide debut and performed the complete 90 minutes within the USA’s April 12 win over Uzbekistan in Chester, Pennsylvania.
- Alex Morgan will make her first begin for the USA since October 21, 2021, as she is slated to earn her 192nd cap general. Morgan made her worldwide debut in Sandy, Utah on March 31, 2010 in a snowy match in opposition to Mexico. With her look at the moment in opposition to Colombia, Morgan will transfer right into a tie with Brandi Chastain for 14th on the USA’s all-time cap charts.
- Defender Emily Sonnett returns to the pitch for her first begin of the 12 months with the USWNT and her 66th cap general. Sonnett, who missed the USA’s April Camp as a consequence of a rib damage, noticed day without work the bench within the USWNT’s SheBelieves Cup matches in opposition to Czech Republic and Iceland. This is her first begin for the USA since going the complete 90 minutes in a 3-0 win over Australia on Nov. 27, 2021.
- Megan Rapinoe is ready to earn her 189th cap as she makes her first begin for the USWNT October 21, 2021. Rapinoe returned to the sphere in Colorado for her first minutes of the 12 months with the USWNT and assisted Taylor Kornieck’s objective within the 90th minute. Rapinoe now has 72 profession assists, one shy of tying Abby Wambach for third on the USWNT’s all-time help charts.
- Rose Lavelle will make her fifth look and fifth begin of 2022 as she earns her 74th profession cap for the USWNT. Lavelle assisted each objectives by Sophia Smith in Saturday’s win over Colombia and has now performed a direct function in seven objectives within the USA’s final three video games, with two objectives and 5 assists throughout that span. Lavelle’s 5 assists to this point in 2022 are already tied for her most ever in a calendar 12 months with the USWNT.
- Forward Midge Purce will earn her 15th cap general as she makes her second begin of the 12 months and first for the reason that USA’s Feb. 20 win over New Zealand through the SheBelieves Cup. Purce has three objectives and three assists to this point in her USWNT profession and scored within the 84th minute in opposition to Uzbekistan on April 12, her most up-to-date motion within the Crest.
- Midfielder and reigning NWSL Rookie of the Month Sam Coffey is out there off the bench for this sport in Sandy. With Pickett getting the beginning nod at the moment for her first cap, Coffey would be the solely participant on this roster nonetheless in the hunt for a cap. Should she see motion in opposition to Colombia, Coffey would change into the 250th participant to earn a cap for the USWNT.