The man who has been confirmed with the contagious monkeypox virus has fled the May Pen Hospital in Clarendon.
Police and well being authorities have no idea his whereabouts.
The man was underneath isolation.
Health and Wellness Minister Dr Christopher Tufton says the person jumped through a rest room window on Saturday and left in a automobile that was ready for him.
The police visited his dwelling however he was not discovered.
The automobile is being tracked.
Tufton says the motion was “premeditated and planned”.
A subsequent assertion from the Ministry of Health and Wellness mentioned the person escaped a while after midday.
“Monkeypox is a viral illness that may be transmitted from individual to individual. It is due to this fact vital that anybody with information of the patient’s whereabouts contact the police in order that he might be returned to isolation, pending the decision of his sickness,” mentioned the assertion, quoting Tufton.
In a Gleaner interview, he urged individuals to not hurt the person.
“The solution is not to try to apprehend or engage in any confrontation with any individual having these symptoms. The best thing is to call the police or the parish health authority,” he advised The Gleaner.
Meanwhile, take a look at outcomes from a suspected case in St James have come again detrimental.
Tufton suggested the nation on July 6 that the virus was detected in Jamaica.
He mentioned the man went to the general public well being system on July 5, having arrived on the island 5 days earlier from the United Kingdom.
Five details about Monkeypox
* Monkeypox is attributable to the monkeypox virus, a member of the Orthopoxvirus genus within the household Poxviridae.
* Monkeypox is often a self-limited illness with signs lasting from 2 to 4 weeks.
* Monkeypox is transmitted to people through shut contact with an contaminated individual or animal, or with materials contaminated with the virus.
* Monkeypox virus is transmitted from one individual to a different by shut contact with lesions, physique fluids, respiratory droplets and contaminated supplies akin to bedding.
* Monkeypox usually presents clinically with fever, rash and swollen lymph nodes and should result in a spread of medical issues.
Source: World Health Organization
Follow The Gleaner on Twitter and Instagram @JamaicaGleaner and on Facebook @GleanerJamaica. Send us a message on WhatsApp at 1-876-499-0169 or electronic mail us at [email protected] or [email protected]