Bed Bath & Beyond revealed the places of more than 50 of the 150 shops it’s planning to shut, starting from Arizona to Washington state.
The downsize is a part of the struggling retailer’s last-ditch effort to stabilize because it struggles in monetary turmoil. Along with shuttering shops, the corporate mentioned in August it can lay off about 20% of its company staff and reduce a few of its in-house residence items shops. It additionally secured an important $500 million in new financing as the vacation purchasing season approaches.
“All currently planned store closings have been announced, and we will continue to review our portfolio where it makes sense to profitably support our customers and business,” the corporate mentioned in an announcement.
It’s a fraught time for the home-goods chain. Earlier this month, Gustavo Arnal, the retailer’s chief monetary officer, jumped to his death from a New York City high rise. Arnal was named as a defendant in a category motion lawsuit accusing him, Ryan Cohen and different massive shareholders of participating in a “pump and dump” scheme to artificially inflate the worth of the corporate’s inventory.
Bed Bath & Beyond mentioned in August that gross sales at shops open for at the least one yr plunged 26% throughout its newest quarter.
So far, 56 retailers will shut. Here’s where:
- Santa Cruz: 5225 South Calle
- Phoenix: 34750 N. North Valley Parkway
- Burbank: 201 East Magnolia Blvd.
- Lakewood: 75 Lakewood Center Mall
- Larkspur: 2601 Larkspur Landing Circle
- Marina: 117 General Stilwell Drive
- Palmdale: 39421 tenth Street
- Redding: 1140 Hilltop Drive
- San Leandro: 15555 East 14th Street, Suite 240 Seekonk
- Santee: 9918 Mission Gorge Road
- Stamford: Ridgeway Shopping Center, 2275 Summer Street
- Waterford: 850 Hartford Turnpike
- Sanford: 111 Towne Center Blvd.
- Sawgrass: 12801 W. Sunrise Blvd., Anchor C
- Johns Creek: 2623 Peachtree Pkwy
- Snelville: Presidential Market Center, 1905 Scenic Hwy Suite 5000
- Bourbonnais: 2056 North State Route 50
- Carbondale: University Mall, 1265 E. Main Street
- Fairview Heights: Fairview Center, 6611 N. Illinois
- Gurnee: 6132 Grand Ave., Gurnee Mills Mall
- Joliet: 2850 Plainfield Road
- Schaumberg: 915 East Golf Road
- Dubuque: 2475 N.W. Arterial
- Waterloo: 1522 Flammang Drive
- Bossier City: 2900 Meadow Creek Drive
- Dorchester: 8B Allstate Road, Suite 1
- Milford: 230 Fortune Boulevard
- Seekonk: 35 Highland Avenue
- Chesterfield Township: 50551 Waterside Drive
- Farmington Hills: 31075 Orchard Lake Road
- Northville: Northville Retail Center, 17223 Haggerty Rd.
- Walker: Green Ridge Square, 3410 Alpine Avenue NW
- White Lake: 9050 Highland Road
- St. Cloud: 3959 Second Street South
- Flanders: 30 International Drive, Suite 1
- Manalapan: 13 Route 9
- Paramus: 34 E Ridgewood Ave
- Farmingdale: 251 Airport Plaza Blvd.
- Middletown: 470 Route 211 East, Suite 3
- Mt. Vernon: 500 East Sandford Blvd.
- New Hartford: 4805 Commercial Drive
- Plattsburgh: 73 Centre Drive, Suite 100
- Sparks: 195 Los Altos Pkwy
- Charlotte: The Arboretum, 3413 Pineville-Matthews Rd.
- Colerain: 3681 Stone Creek Blvd.
- Perrysburg:10027 Fremont Pike
- Princeton Road: Bridgewater Falls, 3451 Princeton Road
- Sandusky: 4020 Milan Road, Unit #910
- Beaverton: 2780 SW Cedar Hills Blvd. Beaverton
- Wynnewood: 70 E. Wynnewood Blvd.
- Bayamon Plaza Del Sol, 725 West Main Avenue Bayamon PR 00961
- Port Arthur: Central Mall 3100 Highway 365 Suite 114
- Wichita Falls: 3201 Lawrence Road Suite A
- Christiansburg: 135 Shoppers Way NW
- Leesburg: 532 Fort Evans Road
- Lakewood: 5830 Lakewood Towne Center Blvd., S.W.
– CNN’s Brynn Gingras, Liam Reilly, Ramishah Maruf, Samantha Beech, Jordan Valinsky and Nathaniel Meyersohn contributed to this report