We’re beginning to get a greater sense of what the 2022 NFL season will seem like for a lot of groups. As we get into the Week 3 rankings and sleepers, it’s additionally time to start out capitalizing on overreacting managers. The buys and sells are again, and one more random enjoyable ranks record. This time, impressed by your requests after I tweeted about my scrumptious cake from final week.
Waivers | True SOS (APA — Wednesday update)
Fantasy Football 101 (starts, sits, trading, more)
Podcast — with video!
2022 Week 3 Fantasy Football Sleepers
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These are sleepers. They won’t mimic my rankings 100%. This is about chasing upside and usually carries more threat, however primarily based on APA matchups, you possibly can “go for broke” if wanted.
POSSIBLY START: Carson Wentz, WSH — As talked about in my Week 3 waivers column, Wentz isn’t going to throw 40+ instances each week, however the Commanders protection — and Wentz’s interceptions — assist push the offense to throw more. It helps that defenses can’t win, making an attempt to cease Terry McLaurin, Jahan Dotson and/or Curtis Samuel. Death by a thousand cuts… properly, three, or 4 for those who add the backfield, and even 5 with a wholesome Logan Thomas.
The Commanders additionally host the Eagles’ unstoppable offense, pointing to a shootout… which, after all, means a 10-7 slog-fest is in retailer.
HAIL MARY START: Jared Goff, DET — The threat with Goff is zero dashing upside, and if he solely throws 1-2 touchdowns, there usually gained’t be 300-400 yards to offset that. While Aaron Rodgers didn’t do a lot in opposition to the Vikings in Week 1, he didn’t have a lot to throw to, and he’s beforehand struggled early within the season. Jalen Hurts tore them aside — on the bottom too — finishing 26 of his 31 makes an attempt for 333 yards and a landing. Goff has the upside to throw three touchdowns this week.
POSSIBLY START: Devin Singletary, BUF — The Bills backfield continues to be irritating with its lack of consistency, however no less than Singletary is persistently first within the alternatives. While the Ravens operating backs didn’t do a lot in opposition to Miami, Lamar Jackson ate up the Dolphins, even posting 5.0 YPC on his eight rushes outdoors of the 79-yard home name. Additionally, Damien Harris had 48 yards on 9 carries in Week 1, although Rhamondre Stevenson didn’t have the identical success. This is dangerous, but when the Dolphins offense can sustain, Singletary may very well be an RB2.
POSSIBLY START: Dameon Pierce, HOU — We knew the slipper would fall off for Rex Burkhead, simply nobody anticipated it to occur in a single week. Pierce led the way in which, and the Bears offense can’t get out of its personal method (more on them shortly). Aaron Jones simply shredded the Bears for 132 yards and a landing on 15 carries.
HAIL MARY START: Jamaal Williams, DET — We’re chasing a landing with Williams, as being the backup to D’Andre Swift limits Williams’ touches, seeing 12 and 13, respectively, within the first two weeks. The matchup is kind of favorable, because the Vikings couldn’t cease the Eagles floor sport, going 34-for-163 and two scores (each Hurts). Boston Scott appeared like he was shot out of a cannon whereas going straight up the center for a 16-yard run at one level, and we’re taking pictures for a few respectable runs for Williams, hopefully, with one ending in a rating.
POSSIBLY START: Allen Robinson, LAR — Robinson rebounded, but it surely wasn’t a week-changer, only a good sport (5-4-53-1). Honestly, a Top 25 efficiency from a crew’s No. 2 receiver can be a welcomed web site if it occurred each week. Well, the Cardinals have allowed 42.1% of their opponents’ drives to complete with a landing, together with 9 receptions of 20+ yards and seven receiving touchdowns. Cooper Kupp and ARob ought to have an enormous Week 3.
POSSIBLY START: JuJu Smith-Schuster, KC — Brandin Cooks 7-82-0, Christian Kirk 6-78-2. Those had been the highest wideouts in opposition to the Colts the primary two weeks, and whereas Travis Kelce is technically the highest receiving choice for the Chiefs, JJSS is tied for second with Marquez Valdes-Scantling with a 15.1 TmTGT%. He additionally has 1.46 YPRR versus MVS’ 0.89.
HAIL MARY START: Darnell Mooney, CHI — Here we go. Mooney has fallen to Hail Mary begin territory, and when your crew solely makes an attempt 11 passes, you perceive why. However, even with the Colts and Broncos having middling performances in opposition to the Texans, these Texans have already allowed 10 receptions of 20+ yards — most within the league. The Bears additionally confronted the 49ers and Packers, two defenses significantly better than the Texans. Of course, Justin Fields might want to throw it more than 11 instances. Hopefully, he doesn’t mess this up for determined managers.
POSSIBLY START: Evan Engram, JAX — Don’t look now, however Engram is eighth in Route% for tight ends with 17.6 TmTGT%. Sure, it’s changed into simply 74 yards, however he’s caught all however one in all his targets (his palms work!). The Chargers are a tricky matchup, however the tight finish place is already gross, and we’re chasing the quantity… hopefully.
HAIL MARY START: Tyler Conklin, NYJ — Speaking of quantity, Conklin has a better Route% than Engram at 84.4. Even with the terrific trio of receivers for the Jets, Conklin has seen 16 targets (16.0 TmTGT%) for 10-56-1. If the Bengals get again on observe and flip this right into a high-scoring affair, the Jets have proven they’ll sustain, and Conklin has the potential to attain.
Fun with Rankings!
In case you missed the tweet of the wonderful cake discover I introduced house and made (no, wasn’t a from-scratch recipe), right here it’s in its glory!
Glad I made a Cinnamon Toast Crunch cake to eat away my unhappiness at this time pic.twitter.com/4yKFtoyAVD
— Jake Ciely (@allinkid) September 18, 2022
I used to be shocked folks wished field cake rankings… possibly they had been mocking me, but when so, hey, I had enjoyable anyway. Though, it’s a bit tough to get 10 muffins on this record.
- Betty Crocker Cinnamon Toast Crunch, CTC Frosting — The cake and frosting have cinnamony crunch items, and you understand I like some Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Betty Crocker Butter Yellow, Chocolate Frosting — It’s the traditional, however higher, as a result of… butter
- Duncan Hines Fudge Marble, Chocolate Frosting — If you desire a bit more chocolate than yellow cake however not an overload, that is the proper combine
- Pillsbury Funfetti Oreo, Funfetti Oreo Frosting — Underrated. Well, Oreos are wonderful, so possibly folks know the way good this cake might be
- Duncan Hines Chocolate, Chocolate Frosting — It’s a number of chocolate, but it surely’s actually good, and Duncan Hines does chocolate finest (their fudge brownies are tops too)
- Krusteaz Cinnamon Swirl Crumb — Technically not a “true cake” however crumb cake (typically espresso cake) is one in all my favorites, and that is wonderful
- Duncan Hines Red Velvet, Cream Cheese Frosting — Red Velvet will not be a taste! It’s a cocoa taste with purple dye. Now that we have now that out of the way in which, it’s nonetheless fairly scrumptious with the cream cheese frosting making for an ideal pairing
- Pillsbury Funfetti, Vanilla Funfetti Frosting — “Birthday cake” taste is what some name it too. Light and fun-fetti
- Duncan Hines Epic Fruity Pebbles, Fruity Pebbles Frosting — The Pebbles have a bizarre texture in comparison with consuming the cereal, which makes this more disappointing than scrumptious (I imply, it’s cake, so it’s nonetheless good)
- Carrot Cake — Nope. Worst place! Vegetable cake? Bleh. Stop.
BUYS AND SELLS
- Tom Brady, QB, TB — Brady’s receiving corps has been a large number up to now. It may take just a few more weeks (as soon as Chris Godwin is again), however Brady was QB2 final 12 months.
- Derrick Henry, RB, TEN — Week 1 was fluky with Dontrell Hilliard’s receiving touchdowns, and Week 2 had the Titans pulling starters early in a blowout. Henry continues to be a beast, and you wish to purchase low earlier than the 150/1 sport occurs.
- Ken Walker, RB, SEA — I don’t need something to do with beginning Seahawks operating backs, however Walker suits the Chris Carson function more than Rashaad Penny does, who’s dropping some worth due to Travis Homer. Walker might by no means be startable, however he’s borderline free (folks wish to drop him).
- Cam Akers, RB, LAR — The flip again to Akers began in Week 2. We may by no means get to 70% of the work for Akers, however even when Akers sits round 60-65%, he’d be again into the weekly Top 20.
- Elijah Moore, WR, NYJ — Leads the Jets receivers in snaps and Route%. Moore’s time is coming, even when Garrett Wilson is his 1A or 1B, Moore can be the opposite half, as each are higher than Corey Davis.
- DK Metcalf, WR, SEA — I don’t wish to hear more about “quarterbacks cooking” in Seattle. In any case, the Seahawks understand the offense stinks, and it’s actually a two-man present with Tyler Lockett (26.3 TmTGT%) and Metcalf (22.8), with Metcalf having the one purple zone and finish zone targets up to now (one every).
- Kyle Pitts, TE, ATL — As with the Seahawks, it’s a two-man present, and Drake London’s fast ascension will assist stability the protection and open issues up for higher days. People drafted Pitts as a Top 4 tight finish for good purpose.
- Antonio Gibson, RB, WSH — Gibson might keep his lead function if he retains the belief up, particularly since he’s second in G2G (Goal-to-Go, inside 10) rushes (4) and tied for many GLR (Goal-line Rush, inside 5), additionally with 4. But, the upcoming return of Brian Robinson looms massive.
- Michael Carter, RB, NYJ — The flip to Breece Hall may very well be coming quickly, because the rookie flashed loads of upside in Week 2. Carter has the passing sport totally on lock, but when Hall begins to eat into that work, Carter would slip to an RB3.
- Jahan Dotson, WR, WSH — Dotson leads in Commanders Route% (94.9) and touchdowns (three), however he’s fourth in TmTGT% at 11.8, behind even Logan Thomas, which makes him essentially the most unstable and doubtless for regression.
- Gerald Everett, TE, LAC — Everett has been an important fill-in for the primary two weeks, and it’s uncommon anybody trades for tight ends, however Donald Parham — as soon as again — will ding Everett’s use and worth.
Week 3 Fantasy Football Projections
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These can differ from my rankings, and my ranks are the order I’d begin gamers outdoors of added context, resembling, “Need highest upside, even if risky.” Also, primarily based on 4-point TDs for QB, 6-point relaxation, and Half-PPR
Download Link Added Thursday
***These are NOT up to date Sunday morning, FYI***
Week 3 Fantasy Football Rankings
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨
- Only Half-PPR since FantasyProfessionals auto-calculation of Non and Full-PPR ranks might be off. But, there’s so little distinction from Non to Half and Full to Half that you just don’t want to fret.
- ECR = Expert Consensus Rank. Don’t deal with it an excessive amount of, as not all consultants replace persistently/consistently.
- Updated repeatedly, so test all the way in which as much as lineups locking.
(Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images)