Happy Halloween week everybody, and let’s hope it’s all treats, and no methods, on your fantasy workforce. As at all times, you got here to the precise spot for Week 8 fantasy soccer rankings and projections, however we’re doing the apparent enjoyable rating this week. It’s the Best Halloween Candy rankings! Hate me for not liking your favourite deal with, or understand that I simply opened your world to the glory of a sweet you by no means tried, or or… simply be part of me in unison of hating the every-living trash that’s sweet corn.
Waivers | True SOS (APA — Wednesday replace)
Fantasy Football 101 (starts, sits, trading, more)
All in Football (video pod)
2022 Week 8 Fantasy Football Sleepers
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These are sleepers. They won’t mimic my rankings 100%. This is chasing upside and typically carries more threat.
POSSIBLY START: Daniel Jones, NYG — This is the Daniel Jones managers hoped they had been drafting the previous two years, as Jones is operating steadily. Not solely is the Seahawks protection weak general, they’re among the many worst at stopping the run, evidenced by the operating again success in opposition to them, AND… Kyler Murray dashing 10-for-100 final week.
HAIL MARY START: Jared Goff, DET — Yes, I do know I had Goff right here final week since he was indoors, even with a troublesome matchup, however this week, Goff is 1) indoors, 2) at dwelling, and 3) going through a Dolphins protection that allowed 2+ touchdowns in 4 video games, with Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett and Zach Wilson the one ones throwing for none or only one landing. Strap in for a doubtlessly painful journey.
POSSIBLY START: Michael Carter, NYJ — This may appear apparent, however I see many individuals apprehensive in regards to the James Robinson commerce. Yes, Robinson’s arrival probably results in a timeshare, considerably just like Breece Hall and Carter earlier this yr, however that’s more of a priority after this week. As we noticed with Latavius Murray in Denver and Christian McCaffrey final week, it takes a recreation (or typically two) for a operating again to see his true function with a brand new workforce. The Patriots are good, however not fearsome, in opposition to the run, and a day like Khalil Herbert simply had would land Carter within the Top 20.
HAIL MARY START: Jamaal Williams, DET — This is that if D’Andre Swift returns, as a result of if Swift is out, it’s all-too apparent to start out Williams. Even if Swift is again, Williams has Top 20 upside in a timeshare given this matchup. Ever since Week 3, the Dolphins have achieved little to cease opponents, together with operating backs. Devin Singletary (19.6), Joe Mixon (15.4), Breece Hall (26.7), Michael Carter (16.3) and Dalvin Cook (14.8) all had Top 15 performances (two Jets in the identical recreation). Even Najee Harris had a good day with 9.5 factors final week.
POSSIBLY START: Brandin Cooks, HOU — Things haven’t gone as deliberate for Cooks this yr, as he’s not quarterback immune. Mills’ drop in play has ruined the passing recreation, however there’s a little bit of hope in Week 8… assuming Cooks doesn’t get traded. The Titans are some of the forgiving matchups, as evidenced in Parris Campbell’s recreation final week. The Commanders trio did fairly nicely the week earlier than, and we will hope Cooks sees a high-volume of targets and hopefully breaks one off for an enormous play and doesn’t come up quick.
POSSIBLY START: DJ Moore, CAR — P.J. Walker isn’t an enormous improve for Moore, nevertheless it helps when Moore sees a terrifically excessive quantity of the targets when Christian McCaffrey has been out, and there isn’t a Robbie Anderson as well. As seen final week, Moore was capable of see 10 targets and flip them into 7-69-1. The Falcons go protection is abysmal, and the bottom rating any receiver with 10+ targets has is 12.1 factors, or, in different phrases, Top 25 any given week.
HAIL MARY START: Parris Campbell, IND — Speaking of Campbell, he goes from intriguing pickup and begin to a dicey play provided that we all know little of how Sam Ehlinger will play. Ehlinger has some Jacoby Brissett similarities, as this was my NFL Draft scouting report:
“Decent arm and inconsistent accuracy. Part of his issue is getting too aggressive trying to make a play and will lock into his ‘hope and pray’ option, letting the defense read his mind. He’s solid in the run game and doesn’t shy from pressure… but doesn’t always feel it. Ehlinger can go from looking like a star one series to a mistake-riddled backup the next.”
But as we all know, the Commanders protection is extremely exploitable, and hopefully Ehlinger locks onto Campbell as a lot as Matt Ryan did. It’s a scary state of affairs; I do know.
HAIL MARY START: Irv Smith, MIN — Start your tight ends in opposition to the Seahawks and Cardinals. The Vikings exit the bye to get the Cardinals, whose worst opposing tight finish scored 4.9, and that was Tommy Tremble. Juwan Johnson scored twice final week, whereas even Noah Fant managed 7.5 in Week 6.
Fun with Rankings!
This week is all about Halloween, and it’s time to replace the Halloween sweet rankings with a separate small listing of greatest sweet not in enjoyable dimension, and in fact, the worst sweet choices on the market! Trick or deal with!
Best Halloween Candy Ranked
- Nerds Gummy Clusters (when you strive them… you’re welcome)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Pumpkins (king of chocolate sweet)
- Peanut Butter M&Ms (Plain M&M’s outdoors Top 10)
- Sour Patch Watermelon Slices
- Starburst FaveREDs – in case you’re fortunate, a strawberry two-pack!
- Laffy Taffy (Strawberry, Watermelon) — would rank greater if the wrapper ever got here off simply
- Haribo Gold Bears (solely gummy bears allowed… outdoors of the Disney ones)
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Take 5
- Swedish Fish Minis
- Airheads (Strawberry, Watermelon, Mystery)
- Junior Mints (they’re very refreshing)
- Sour Patch Kids
- 100 Grand — nice, however I really feel like Take 5… takes… it one step greater
- Butterfinger (must be recent/smooth — misplaced just a few spots for brand new recipe)
- York Peppermint (any sort, all good)
- Nestle Crunch
- Hot Tamales
- Kit Kat — legit forgot about them at first as a result of they’re overrated… can eat 20 and it’s like nothing… actually good, however actually unsatisfying
- Milky Way
- Blow Pop
Overrated: Whoppers — Who needs to crack their tooth on these malt balls of meh-ness? And Tootsie Rolls — EVERYONE arms these out, and youngsters find yourself with half a bag of them. Enough!
Best Candy Needing Halloween Sizing
- Starburst FaveREDs Minis (so harmful – can kill a bag with out considering)
- Sour Patch Strawberry Slices
- Twizzlers Rainbow
- Sour Belts (Strawberry, Watermelon, Blue Raspberry)
- Hi-Chew Strawberry (completely different spin on Starbursts)
Worst Halloween Candy
(ranked worst-worst to much less worst)
- Necco Wafers — I don’t even know the place individuals discover these. Are we certain it’s not avenue chalk?
- Candy Corn — clearly, too straightforward
- Circus Peanuts — I imply… orange-colored Styrofoam anybody?
- Good & Plenty — What is the flavour, even?! These are hell in a field
- Mary Jane
- Generic Wrapped Candy — You know… the black/orange wrappers
- Smarties — At least Tootsie Rolls are good for a bit. These are barely higher than Neccos and everybody has them! (Note to our Canadian readers: Jake is referring to American Smarties, that are completely completely different than the Canadian ones)
- Dubble Bubble — Even baseball card gum isn’t this difficult… and the style is Gone in 60 Seconds
- Jolly Rancher — Speaking of cracked tooth… simply the larger ones (small ones are okay). I’m a biter, so perhaps it’s simply me, however talking of onerous sweet, these will straight up break your tooth!
BUYS AND SELLS
- Buccaneers — With the Ravens matchup, that is the week Tom Brady, Mike Evans and Chris Godwin get again on observe, particularly Brady and Godwin.
- Alvin Kamara, RB, NO — As talked about in waivers… Top 25 in complete yards, Top 20 in touches, Top 10 in receptions and Top 5 in receiving yards for operating backs… regardless of lacking two video games.
- Cordarrelle Patterson, RB, ATL — Nearing his return, and the Falcons are dead-set on operating regardless of this recreation script.
- Keenan Allen, WR, LAC — Allen isn’t 100% but however is shut and nonetheless has Top 15 upside… particularly with Mike Williams out.
- Diontae Johnson, WR, PIT — Another fear report participant; Johnson continues to be the highest goal in Pittsburgh, and if he begins catching 65-70% of his targets, Johnson can get again to WR2 standing.
- Dalton Schultz, TE, DAL — Might not be 100% or get again to it, however Dak Prescott likes him fairly a bit, and Schultz was a Top 5 tight finish final yr with him.
- Travis Etienne, RB, JAX — Yes, Etienne has RB1 upside the remainder of the season, however whenever you see individuals declare he’ll outscore Austin Ekeler the remainder of the way in which, you’ll be able to max his potential return… now!
- Gus Edwards, RB, BAL — Just like Etienne, float Edwards’ identify on the market to see if you may get Top 15 worth. If so, you’ll be able to’t ignore that return.
- Aaron Jones, RB, GB — It was only a week in the past managers had been panicking, and now that Jones had his second enormous recreation of the season (vs. 4 with 9.1 or fewer), perceived worth is up once more.
- James Robinson and Michael Carter, NYJ — If you may get a Top 15 operating again for both (many alternative opinions on the market), it’s important to promote.
- Deebo Samuel, WR, SF — Some may not have observed the priority, however Samuel was already barely getting rushes, and now CMC ruins his potential for WR1 worth.
Week 8 Fantasy Football Projections
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨 These can differ from my rankings, and my ranks are the order I’d begin gamers outdoors of added context, comparable to, “Need highest upside, even if risky.” Also, based mostly on 4-point TDs for QB, 6-point relaxation, and Half-PPR
Download Link Added Thursday
***These are NOT up to date Sunday morning, FYI***
Week 8 Fantasy Football Rankings
🚨 HEADS UP 🚨
- Only Half-PPR since FantasyProfessionals auto-calculation of Non and Full-PPR ranks might be off. But, there may be so little distinction from Non to Half and Full to Half that you simply don’t want to fret.
- ECR = Expert Consensus Rank. Don’t deal with it an excessive amount of, as not all consultants replace constantly/always.
- Updated often, so test all the way in which as much as lineups locking.
(Photo by Justin Casterline/Getty Images)